Software Test Manager, IDM
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Date Published: November 09, 2017
The Institute for Disease Modeling (IDM), part of Intellectual Ventures’ Global Good program, is a collaborative effort to simulate the eradication of infectious diseases using computer software. The IDM team is a highly dynamic organization with a work environment that is defined by innovation and collaboration. Our team is composed of research scientists and software professionals who focus on creating powerful and innovative disease modeling and data analysis tools to help researchers and policy makers understand diseases, their causes, the way they spread, and the best types of interventions to use for the particular situation faced. The IDM team architects advanced models of disease transmission, develops computational tools to inform global disease eradication policy, conducts analysis of epidemiologically- and policy-relevant data, and identifies critical knowledge gaps. As part of our work, we routinely collaborate with groups at the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, PATH, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, ministries of health in the developing world, as well as universities and research institutes. IDM is committed to improving and saving lives in developing countries through the use of quantitative analysis.
The IDM Test Manager (Services and Web UI) will lead a team of testers to validate critical software systems designed to aid research performed at the Institute for Disease Modeling and with our external collaborators. This position will work closely with IDM Software Development and Research teams to verify the functionality, robustness, and stability of our internally developed software Web-based solutions and software services. This position reports to the Senior Software Test and Operations Manager – IDM.
- Manage, lead, and support a test team that is focused on RESTful services and web UI testing.
- Coordinate testing efforts with a peer test manager to ensure integration touchpoints during test cycles occur.
- Participate as an individual contributor during test cycles.
- Update and communicate testing schedules and resource allocations.
- Assist in the development and/or support of internal processes.
- Maintain existing or lead the deployment of new automated testing platforms or solutions.
- Interface with internal groups to determine the testing needs and success criteria for testing events.
- Ensure procedures are clearly documented, validated, and up-to-date.
- Produce communication to the senior manager to outline potential infrastructure impacts.
Key Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Must have at least two years of experience leading small teams within a software test discipline:
- Ensuring the development and execution of test plans and cases.
- Developing quality measures and process within a variety of known and accepted software development life cycle types.
- Must have at least five years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Software Test Engineer (STE), Software Tester, Quality Assurance Engineer or related title with experience testing software web and web services.
- Must have at least two years of experience, displaying proficiency with one or more of the following:
- Test automation through scripting (Python, PowerShell, shell scripting, batch file, Perl or other) for web services testing.
- Web automation tools (Selenium, WebUI Test Studio or other)
- Test automation (NUnit, JUnit, MSTest or other)
- Familiarity with a Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Ability to work with our internal business partners to understand and document their requirements.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least six years of experience in a software development organization.
- Must work in an agile team environment.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate potentially complex issues to both development and senior management.
- Must be able to operate both independently or within a team environment, be self-motivated and results-minded.
Joining our group provides unique opportunities to interact with global-health policymakers, to collaborate with world-class research laboratories and non-profit organizations, and to contribute to global and national disease control strategies.
We are an equal opportunity employer